Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Garden Status--4/20/2009

Last Saturday was a pretty quiet day at the garden, only Catherine and I were there--but it was such a beautiful day I was where I wanted to be. We did turn the remaining potato plot and then got all the potatoes planted. I've recruited a neighbor to water the garden when necessary until the irrigation system is put in place.

For this coming Saturday, there are still a few beds to be turned. 3B, 2C and 2D. As for planting I would recommend planting peas, carrots, spinach, lettuce, and onions--not in any particular order. I have some of these seeds: peas, carrots, spinach, and a few onions. I don't know the procedure for getting other seeds we need.

It would also be great to give some attention to the strawberry/asparagus garden--pulling weeds. I'm not familiar with growing either of these plants.

Finally, we need to spread the plastic for the pathways as well.

There is a 50/50 chance I'll be around Saturday to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment