Greetings all!
Well, we had a great day last Saturday, April 11th, and managed to get a lot done in the garden...and we had a great time visiting as well!
Anyway, I wanted to report that we got the soil turned and weeds pulled in most of the beds. We used rakes to pull back the compost and manure, then we used shovels and hoes to break up the soil and pull out any weeds, then we mixed the soil and compost as best we could. The beds that have been finished are ready for planting--I think. The beds that have not been "turned" yet are 2C, 2D, 3B, 4C, and 5C.
So for this coming Saturday, April 18th, we could finish turning the beds listed above. We could also plant potatoes in 4A and B (and C when it is finished). We could also plant peas and carrots. Perhaps more importantly, we have a roll of black plastic that was donated and that could be cut to length and put along the walkways--a few were finished last Saturday as well.
You all might have other ideas about what needs to be planted or done on Saturday, which is fine with me, this is just the direction we were headed last Saturday.
Also, Catherine and I will be there on Saturday morning to help out.
peace
-matt
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Matt and Catherine,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great note. I do have potatoes for you, as does Rick Hartwell. I will try to get them to your place tomorrow afternoon. Look for strange packages in the carport. They are cut and ready to go!
Hope it's a fun day on Saturday. I will miss being with you.
Meme